Dead End



County Road 315 in Llano County has to be the most ambitiously named cattle trail that I've ever had the fortune of running across. This County Maintained right of way was worse then some Mountain Bike trails I've paid money to ride on. To top it all off, I had to backtrack some thirty minutes when I ran across this ford on the aptly named Sandy Creek. The creek bottom was too lose and I too far from civilization to risk getting, "Cracker" my Honda, stuck.

Upon returning to home I did run across a bit of good luck in tracking down the source of my persistent oil leak of four months. It seems that the oil pan drain plug was a mere quarter turn away from falling out and here I was traversing rocks and sandstone outcroppings merrily unaware that I was one good jolt away from draining my engine oil and stranding myself hours from home.